A few tips for working with a team to deliver CRM
- Sit with them: Get a deep understanding of how they work and what they expect from CRM. This could be via process mapping or shadowing.
- Identify what they need to report: This will help show CRM has been a success
- Identify any improvements to the way they work: What out of the box technology could they use to make life easier? Dashboards, templates etc.
- Put the detail into a spec: Provides you/your supplier with clear guidelines
- Create a proof of concept: A visual will help engage the team. Use your sandbox environment, or excel to show how CRM will work.
- Tweak the proof of concept: Make amendments and take it back to the team to review. Use real-world scenarios to check that the concept works.
- Develop the product: The feedback from your proof of concept and spec will walk you/supplier through this part of the process.
- Test, test and test again: Test and resolve any problems, doing this shows the users you’re listening to feedback.
- Create a go live support plan for the first week: Sit with the team and deal with issues as they come up.
- Monitor use for the first 3 months: By this time CRM should be part of the job
- Listen & Act: Book any changes 2 months after go live. This helps identify if the changes are required or just part of the learning curve
CLICK HERE to get your copy of Delivering CRM – A short read designed to help non techies deliver a CRM system