Modern slavery is defined as the recruitment, movement, harbouring or receiving of children, women or men using force, coercion, abuse of vulnerability, deception or other means for the purpose of exploitation.
- We’re committed to being compliant with the Modern Slavery Act 2015, which gives law enforcement the tools to fight modern slavery, ensure perpetrators can receive suitably severe punishments for these appalling crimes and enhance support and protection for victims.
- Our Modern Slavery Statement applies to the whole of E&F Solutions We are committed to renewing our modern slavery statement annually and reviewing any measurables that are outlined in the statement.
We adhere to all relevant procurement policy and legislation. As a result, we are able to fully consider quality, price and purpose prior to making buying decisions. We only use specified, reputable employment agencies to source labour.
Currently, we follow the EU Procurement Directives as good practice as well as to ensure that any safeguarding incidents raised by our suppliers are acted on as necessary. We’ll work with our suppliers to identify areas where slavery or human trafficking may be a risk.
We are committed to using small/local UK firms wherever possible, which allows us to develop close working relationships.
- Are legally able to work
- Have freely chosen employment (no forced or bonded labour)
- Have not had to pay fees or lodge documents to obtain work
- Understand their statutory rights (i.e. sick pay and holiday pay)
- Are paid in accordance with national law
- Are working in a safe and hygienic environment
- Are not expected to work excessively long hours and that working hours comply with national laws and guidelines
- Asses quotations and fees from any agency or supplier providing unusually low rates when compared with industry standards
We understand that our customer base is representative of a diverse set of backgrounds and needs, and will only work with those who are dedicated to stamping out modern slavery