The Lettings module in Dynamics 365 is now live and available for FREE to all housing and public sector organisations!
Ok, so what does the module include?
I’ve moved to the Sales App within D365 this module. I wanted to use the Lead and Opportunity functionality (although this process can be built within the Customer Service App). Because this is our bread and butter as Housing Associations I’ll spend a bit more time walking through how it works. But if you’d prefer to see it in action, scroll down to access the video.
- The Lead (Used to manage applicants) – the process starts here and helps us log details about applicants, their housing requirements and Income and expenditure. At this point you can add as many viewings (as appointment activities) to as many different properties as required. However, at the point the customer decides what property they would like and have and we’ve completed the appropriate checks we move on to the Opportunity. Keeping applicants as leads means we can manage our data better and prevents lots of unused contacts being created.
- The Opportunity (Used to manage the lettings process)- At the point we qualify a lead D365 automatically creates the contact record and opportunity record. I’ve added a workflow to populate some key info. Here we manage the sign up process including tenancy signing, move in dates and tracking when the property will be available. When the customer moves into their home we close the opportunity as won.
- The Tenancy – This is created automatically via a workflow when the opportunity is closed as won and will link the contact to the property
- Void detail – The property has been updated to include key void detail so that dates can be tracked automatically rather than navigating through various systems for detail
- Reporting – If there’s a field you can report on it. Again, most of this can be done out of the box using views and dashboards.
The key elements are managed by a business process flow that helps users navigate through the system.
Register here to get access to all the modules that have been developed so far
You’ll also be able to access documentation but if you’re still not sure this video guides you through how to use the module and demonstrates some key features
Call to action!!
Hopefully this Affordable. Innovative. Collaborative way of Delivering Dynamics has wet your appetite? If it has then it would be great if you could do three things to help keep up the momentum.